Doctoral and Teacher-Training Translation Studies Summer School
DOTTSS is a joint initiative of 5 different universities: University of Ljubljana (Slovenia), University of Turku (Finland), University of Tampere (Finland), University of Granada (Spain) and Boğaziçi University (Turkey). Since 2012 the summer school (under different names: EMUNI, Stridon, Ibn Tibbon, Agricola) has hosted every year doctoral students of TS and teachers of translators and interpreters from all around the world. The summer schools are organized in Slovenia, Spain and Finland alternatively.
Basic activities of the Summer School:
- a critical discussion of most current approaches to translation theory, paying particular attention to the contemporary research of literary and non-literary works in a historical perspective
- a presentation and critical discussion of different methodological approaches in TS, focusing in particular on researching translation from the perspective of historical and sociological studies or through the use of ethnographic and corpus studies approaches
- a series of lectures by the guest professor
- teacher-training in the field of translator training
- tutorials for the doctoral students and young researchers
- a graduate conference
- a possibility of publication
Participation is intended for doctoral students in the early stages of their projects, teachers of translation at the MA level or its equivalent, and also other academics, and professionals who are involved in research in translation and interpreting studies or in other fields of doctoral research where translation, interpreting or intercultural mediation is of focal interest.